Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Meet the girl, & her purpose

My name is Erica, I'm a small island girl living in Atlantic Canada. I'm 20 years old and a student 
aspiring to become a Doctor of Veterinarymedicine. I am an animal activist and the reason I want to make this blog happen is to help people understand animals, animal behaviour, and their pets.
As an activist I understand that when it comes to animals, it is not the animal itself but rather the owner of the animal that has a problem, for this reason I believe that some breeds are not suited for everyone, yes but no single breed is "bad" it has just been raised improperly, the owner was not the dominate one and able to control the animal therefore they acted out of dominance only trying to protect their pack (you, as the owner) and hurt someone or another animal or won't listen to you.
I also have 2 male rats, whom I love as if they were my own children. I also aspire to run a rescue rehoming and taking in rats because I feel they are so underestimated, so mistreated, so I plan to provide tons of information on having rats as pets on here, as well as by sharing pictures and videos of my rats.
I have tons of experience with animals, including owning a total of a dog, 7 cats, 3 ferrets, 4 geckos, countless fish, and 2 rats, and still having all but the geckos and 3 of the cats. I spend almost every day of my live devoted to my animals and my dream of being a DVM.
This blog will be a blog providing posts on all kinds of different animals, as well as my personal pets, but also a reflection of my journey to reaching my dream of becoming a DVM, rather that be reflecting on my studies to relieve stress from the pressure, or my findings during all my volunteer work I have been doing to help build a resume. Including a lot of work with dairy cattle.
If you ever have any questions, about anything don't hesitate to comment, or email me and I will do my best to help answer your questions :).

No comments:

Post a Comment