Friday, November 15, 2013

Kiara Di-ann, my Pride and Joy.

I know your time has come my sweet sweet baby girl, but it's taking all my strength to hold together, my heart feels like it's in millions of tiny pieces and the stores are all out of crazy glue. People tell me to stay strong.. How am I supposed to when nothing will ever be the same?
When people think back upon their childhoods how far back can you remember? Me? I remember being 3 and begging tooth and nail for a dog. I wanted one so badly, then my parents gave in and they gave me you, one tiny little roll polly puppy, when I was 5, Because I was scared of everything and I mean everything. My parents told me that this puppy would be my protector, she would scare away the ghosts, fight off the monsters in my closet, she would make sure nothing happened to me when I was in the shower or no murderers were hiding downstairs in the basement because she would be right there by my side through it all. So I learned that no matter what, as long as I had her everything would always be okay. We've been through everything together, from licking me to death while I was sick, trying to make me feel better every time I cried, to barking super loud to tell on me and my brother whenever we escaped the fence as kids, to us getting in trouble with mom because I was in the pond and that freaked you out because you thought I was in danger so you would jump in with me and lets me real now.. You never could swim very well. Or in the winter how me and Jordan could never wear gloves for very long because you were one hell of a glove thief, took them off us faster than mom could put them back on. Remember that time you took off after a squirrel when we were on a walk.. Dragged me through the woods face down, oh you silly girl.
You're the one that I could always count on no matter what, I could do, or tell you anything and at the end of the day you would never judge me, you would never love me any less, even if everyone else in the world hated me, I'd always have you.
This is hands down, the hardest thing I've ever had to do, but you've been nothing but loyal to me, and your family and I know you don't deserve to suffer, I'd never want that.
Please know I'm trying to make you happy, and make your last days here with me the best I can, but instead here we are, you laying on top me licking me to death which I know is your way of trying to tell me everything will be okay and that you love me. I'll never forget you, you'll always be in my heart. I am so happy and lucky to have had the last 14 years I had with you. I wouldn't change them for anything, but I'd give the world to have you forever, but I know that can't happen.
Love you always baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment